Sunday, November 11, 2012

Goals check in

Is it just me, or were some of those goals pretty lofty? No? They all seemed manageable, particularly for someone with very little on her plate? Well who asked you, anyway!


  • Go to at least two places I haven't been before - haven't done this yet. Yesterday the boy and I went for a walk along a different route and checked out a few different shopping centers, so I guess in a pinch I could count that... but I don't think it's fair. I'm going to keep trying on this one. Tomorrow I have the day off and R will be off doing some team bonding, so (and I'm putting this in writing so I'll have to do it) I think I'll get in the car and take myself on a date somewhere. Now I just have to figure out where...
  • Write something every day - this is the goal that I'm failing at. Because, frankly, I just don't have something to say every day. I'm working on it, and I'm certainly writing more than I have been since graduation, but every day? Not so much. I don't think this goal is going to be achieved, and that's ok.
  • Run 30 miles - I'm working on it. As I write this, I'm waiting for it to warm up a bit outside so I can head out for hopefully something along the lines of three miles. According to my mapmyrun tracking, so far I've done 7.67 miles. Of course, this isn't counting the elliptical time I put in on Friday. According to the machine in my complex, I did almost 18 miles in 45 minutes. On another, totally unrelated note, I think the elliptical in my complex has a messed up display.
There's a reason I set a goal to run 30 miles this month. It has something to do with the pathetically short bars for every other month.
  • Come up with a story to tell - I'll be honest, I haven't even thought about this yet.
  • Figure out what to do about holiday gifts - I'm getting there. I've figured out gifts for my California relatives, and I'm waiting for the yarn to arrive to create them. I think I know what I'm getting for R. It's the rest of my family I'm having trouble with. I want to do something really nice for my parents, because they have been so, so great to me this year, but I really haven't got any idea what.
  • Knit something and finish it - This will happen when the yarn gets here. It'd better, or I'll be woefully behind on my holiday knitting.
  • Try at least 3 new recipes - 1 down. I made a truly terrible butternut squash soup the other night. It was a shame, because I was really so excited about it, but it was pretty awful. I guess technically it still is pretty awful, because it's sitting in a giant container in the fridge, neither of us wanting to eat it or to waste it. Oh well. I tried!
  • Keep a positive attitude - I'm actually really proud of myself for this one. I've been trying really hard to not get myself down, and for the most part, it's paying off. I'm not saying there weren't days in the past week that I was upset, or that I was disappointed, or anything like that. But in general, I haven't been nearly as hateful toward myself in the past week as I have been since moving out here. Yay, me!
I guess I'd better figure out where I'm taking myself on that date tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment